2.15.2010

waiting

Hello, world.

Not much is new in the way of the gardening project, but the end of February is rapidly approaching. I think I'll wait until after March 1 to get the little guys going, just to be on the safe side of the frost, considering my 'hood has been looking like this lately:


Truth be told, I haven't actually seen any of my deck, the various planters, and remnants of last summer's projects in quite a while. I'm assuming they're still there. Just buried under three feet of snow.

In lieu of anything exciting going on garden-wise, I have been keeping busy experimenting in the kitchen. I'm working on incorporating more produce into the meals I make (rather than just the veritable whole-fruit basket I bring with me to campus for lunch). Last night I made a decent mushroom-based stew, and carrots have recently made a reappearance in my life. Obvious, I know, but I'm the kind of person who will pair broccoli with just about any meal just to get some greenery in there. But veggie variety is good!

That's all for now. Check back in a few weeks for the seedling start play-by-play.

No comments:

Post a Comment