3.25.2010

Week 1

I am calling this "Week 1" mostly because it is the first week I have had things planted outside.

Just a few quick updates in seedling land.

First off, things are starting to look less dead outside. I planted some pansies alongside the (probable) weeds and in a hanging basket trio I got from Ikea and never used last season:


The lettuces are coming along nicely, as well:


In case you missed it, look! Little lettuces!


Lastly, I am uber-impressed with the indoor seeds I planted last weekend. To be honest, I can't remember which half of the tray is tomatoes and which is purple coneflower, but somebody is on the move!

I suspect that it is the coneflower, but who knows? I am excited to see things growing in that tray already!

Last night, Hank and I took a trip to Lowes to get project supplies and garden stuffs. I am going to put up a clothesline outside and needed to get hardware for that, and I needed soil and a new pair of gardening gloves (winter ate one of my old pair). In addition, I bought another 17" plastic pot and a packet of bush bean seeds. I didn't set out to purchase more seeds, I just couldn't resist! Those won't get planted for another month or so.

Finally, we got our worm box! More details to come, I swear! Hank promised to write a guest blog about it, we just need to gather the rest of the supplies.

2 comments:

  1. Got worms? We got plenty. What kind of box are you guy building? Did you see my post on New Haven Resident last summer? I've come up with improvements since then... You saw it when you were here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out the post. And I did see your bin while I was there but only briefly.

    We don't have worms yet - still working on that one. Good idea with the Freecycle though. We got a big Rubbermaid at Lowes the other day that we are going to drill into. Not much else yet in the way of planning...

    ReplyDelete